Detailed information on the objective, approach, and returns of this fund can be found at
In summary, the objectives of this fund are
- absolute quarterly returns of 2+% in quarters when the stock market is up and 0% when the stock market is down.
- to be less volatile than the stock market.
This objective is to be accomplished via trading in and out of 15-20 utility stocks around their dividend x-date to capture about a 1% return from the dividend and relying on market ineffeciency to be able to loose less than that amount via capital gains.
For the seventh quarter in a row this fund achieved its objective.
- The fund returned 2.6% in total this quarter
- The return was comprised of 5.9% in dividends and a loss of 3.3% in capital gains
- 17 trades were made. 13 or 76.5% of them were winning trades
- daily standard deviation of the fund was .44, which was about 25% less than the XLU etf.
- Averaged 3.5% in returns
- Never had a loosing quarter!
- Had 94 of 127 winning trades for a 74% win rate.
- Low daily volatility. A SD of .61% which is 33% less volatile than the XLU etf.
- Low quarterly volatility. A SD of 4.21% which is 47% less volatile than the S&P.